Please review and correct the information below.

Personal Assistant Register

Welcome to Connect to Support Bradford’s Personal Assistant Register. You can look for someone to support you and also you can register to advertise as a personal assistant. This work can be satisfying, challenging and diverse as well as being able to give you flexible working hours to suit you.

What is a Personal Assistant?

      • Personal Assistants (PAs) are employed to help people who need social care support, either because of their age or disability, to enable them to live as independently as possible in their home.

    • PAs can help carry out a wide range of tasks including:

  • > helping someone get washed and dressed,  supporting them with their personal care
  • > shopping
  • > making meals
  • > leisure and recreation activities
  • > helping someone to get involved in their local community
  • > supporting someone at their work

Register as a Personal Assistant

    • If you are interested in registering as a personal assistant, please read through this guidance first.

    • Once you have read this guidance, follow the link below and complete the form. Ensure you complete this fully, with as much detail as you can.

Looking for a Personal Assistant

    • Skills for Care have provided some general guidance on employing a personal assistant which is available here.

    • If you need someone help or advice in recruiting a personal assistant, call 01274 434191 or e-mail to speak to one of our Direct Payments Team who will be happy to help.

City of Bradford

Information on this website does not represent a recommendation or an endorsement of a Service or Provider and neither does the Bradford Metropolitan District Council or its partners make any representations or warranties as to the accuracy of the information.

Anyone seeking to use or access a service or provision is responsible for undertaking their own checks to determine the suitability and fitness for purpose of that service and provision. Some providers will be registered and inspected by external agencies, such as the Care Quality Commission. Anyone working with people with care and support needs will be required to have appropriate Disclosure and Barring Service Check (the replacement for the Criminal Record Check), safeguarding policies and insurance in place, which they should make available to you on request.