Reopening of Day Services
The Covid-19 Support Team will be liaising with day service providers, the IPC and Commissioning Team over the coming weeks to support with reopening of day services, in line with stage four of the UK roadmap out of lockdown (available HERE).
As it stands, stage four will commence on the 21 June 2021. This would be the date we would want day services to re-commence, if the service has not already opened to some capacity before this date.
The following guidance provides some support for day services - https://www.scie.org.uk/care-providers/coronavirus-covid-19/day-care/safe-delivery/re-opening
All day service providers have been asked to complete a “Day Services Reopening Risk Assessment Tool” (click HERE to download) and return this to the Covid19SupportTeam@bradford.gov.uk inbox by 12:00pm on 4 June 2021.
You may wish to consider the inclusion of the following information/details within the assessment tool:
- Whether your service will be able to fully or partially reopen for stage four.
- What impact will a partial reopen have to your service and service users.
- What steps will you need to action now in order to reopen in line with stage four.
- What issues will you face before, and after, reopening.
- How can all these concerns be mitigated or resolved.
A useful tool for to review for support with completing a risk assessment can be found here: https://www.hse.gov.uk/coronavirus/assets/docs/risk-assessment.pdf
Some further information and advice regarding day services can be found here: https://bradford.connecttosupport.org/provider-zone/day-activities-training/
To help us understand the level of support you will require following the reopening of Day Services, please complete this survey: The Reopening of Day Services
Both the Covid-19 Support Team and the Infection Prevention and Control Team will review all submitted risk assessments and providing feedback and support where required.
Should day service providers have any issues or queries, please contact the team at the email address above or via our duty number 01274 431999.
Important information from NHS Test and Trace
Reporting LFT Results to Managers
We are aware that reporting of Lateral Flow Test results to managers can be time consuming, we are working on a digital solution to this. Whilst this is in progress; we are happy to be able to support an alternative way to have results sent to a management email address.
Please follow the steps below:
1. Enter your details as normal
2. At the final step when you are asked to verify the information you have input; you are able to edit the email address section to include a management email address
3. Enter alternative email address. This should contain some detail which identifies the address as an administrative account e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Submit your registration. Results will be registered and a record of the registration will be sent to the contact details entered.
Using the self-referral portal
If you believe you have a setting which is eligible for testing via the Adult Day Care Centre route; please use the self-referral portal ( https://request-onboarding.test-for-coronavirus.service.gov.uk/) and complete the following steps:
• Input the ‘DHSC Referrer Unique Organisation Number’ – which is 99915258. You will only need to use this code once. Please note this UON cannot be used to order test kits
• Complete the eligibility questions
• Enter the contact information for the setting, including delivery address and contact details
• Submit referral
All referrals are processed weekly and sent to the relevant Local Authority for approval and categorisation. Once we have received this confirmation the account request will be approved and a confirmation email will be sent containing a UON.