Access to PCR Testing
Get tested as soon as possible if you have symptoms.
Get a free PCR test to check if you have coronavirus.
Use this service to order a test if you have at least one of these 3 coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms:
- a high temperature
- a new, continuous cough
- you’ve lost your sense of smell or taste or it’s changed
This is called a PCR test.
You should not use this service if you’ve received a positive PCR test result in the last 90 days, unless you develop any new symptoms.
Getting a PCR test if you have no symptoms
You can also use this service if:
- you’ve been in contact with someone who’s tested positive
- you’ve been asked to get a test by a local council or someone from NHS Test and Trace
- a GP or other health professional has asked you to get a test
- you’re taking part in a government pilot project
- you’ve been asked to get a test to confirm a positive result
- you’ve received an unclear result and were told to get a second test
- you need to get a test for someone you live with who has symptoms
- you’re in the National Tactical Response Group
Book a visit to a test site to have the test today www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test.
The COVID response hub will be hosting pop up PCR tests for people with no symptoms, giving accurate lab tests results in 24 to 48 hours by text or email.
You can now go to one of our pop-up testing sites to get a PCR test. You do not need an appointment. Just turn up.
The Pop up PCR sites are for people with no COVID symptoms and who have not tested positive by LFT test.
If you have symptoms or a positive LFT test you need to go online to book a test or call 119 to book an appointment.
Monday: Asda Keighley, 10.30am to 4.15pm
Tuesday: Tesco Queensbury, 10.30am to 4.15pm
Wednesday: Asda Shipley, 10.30am to 4.30pm
Thursday: Tesco Great Horton Road, 10.30am to 4.30pm
Friday: Tesco Canal Road, 10.30am to 4.30pm
Saturday: Tesco Halifax Road, 10.30am to 4.30pm
Mobile testing units
Mobile testing units are a quick and easy way to get a coronavirus test. If you would like a test please make sure you book appointment before arriving either by calling 119 or going online at www.nhs.uk/coronavirus.
These pop-up units, run by national coronavirus testing programme staff, will be available in community locations throughout the district
The units are available for anyone who has symptoms of Covid-19, such as a high temperature, a new cough, or a change in sense of taste or smell.
A face covering will need to be worn, and social distancing must also be followed at all times, when at the site and while travelling to and from it.
You must have an appointment for any testing centre. Appointments are during the day and are released the evening before.
There are mobile test centres in the District are open 9am to 3pm for booked appointments only.
- Richard Dunn sports centre (main car park) Rooley Avenue Bradford BD6 1EZ
- Shipley pool (car park) St. Paul’s road, Shipley BD18 3EP