Whilst Bradford strives to adhere to accepted guidelines and standards for accessibility and usability, it is not always possible to do so in all areas of the website.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Non-Compliance with the Accessibility Regulations
This sub-section lists issues that fail the current accessibility regulations.
- The Shop4Support directories are inaccessible to users using keyboards and our accessibility features. Our website provider is committed to ensuring these sections reach WCAG 2.1 by conformance deadline.
Shop4Support Directories and Forms
- The Shop4Support directories are inaccessible to users using keyboards and our accessibility features. Our website provider is committed to ensuring these sections reach WCAG 2.1 by conformance deadline stated.
- Label in Name – Voice Recognition devices
- Some link text doesn’t make sense when read on its own (for example, ‘click here’).
- We plan to fix the existing links by September 2020. When we publish new content, we will make sure link text meets accessibility standards.
- Non-HTML documentation - it has come to our attention that several of these documents are inaccessible with a few accessibility technologies. These include the document heading structure, use of tables and insufficient alternate descriptions. We have begun to implement these changes in future documentation [that will be released from date]. Where these documents cannot be improved, we are committed to provide an HTML document alternative.
Content that’s not within the scope of the Accessibility Regulations
This sub-section lists issues that are exempt from the current accessibility regulations. For more information see following section, Exemptions to the Accessibility Regulations.
- Issue with Live Video
Live video streams do not have captions. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.2.4 (captions - live).
We do not plan to add captions to live video streams because live video is exempt from meeting the accessibility regulations.